LI Corps (Star League)
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||Eleventh Army|
LI Corps (or the Fifty-First Corps) was one of the seventy-two Corps that made up the Star League Defense Force. LI Corps was a larger Corps; prior to the collapse of the Star League it consisted of 6 divisions and 4 independent regiments.
In 2764 LI Corps was part of the 10th Army, assigned to District 1 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region. They were stationed along the border between the Terran Hegemony and Lyran Commonwealth. That region hadn't seen conflict in fifty years and the SLDF High Command didn't expect that to change any time soon. As a result, deployment to the LI Corps was popular with those SLDF personnel with families. As a result, the Corps command staff scheduled extensive wargames to maintain their combat edge.
When the simmering violence and rebellion building in the Periphery erupted with the New Vandenberg Uprising and subsequent Periphery-wide uprising in 2765 LI Corps was deployed into District 2 of the LCMR, along with XLIX Corps and elements of XXVII Corps, to backfill for units deployed into the Periphery Military Region.
LI Corps took heavy damage in the grueling Hegemony Campaign, losing two-thirds of the Corps' effective combat strength. Only two of the six divisions survived: the George S. Patton Division and the 27th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division, and only one of the independent regiments, the 59th Royal Light Horse.
- Independent Regiments
- The Star League, p. 144
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 144
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 145