- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
The Laser Turret is a defensive structure often used in the Federated Commonwealth. It is equipped with medium-range lasers and is mounted on a turret. The structure often is placed at strategic locations such as near entrances or at low-priority bases. Because of their small nature, laser turrets usually do not require a Turret Control Tower or a Power Generator to operate, making them more reliable than some turrets.
The turret's armament consists of either a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers (in MechWarrior 4) or a single laser (in MechCommander). These turrets only pose a threat to smaller vehicles and 'Mechs, and are easily outranged and outgunned.
Computer games are explicitly excluded from the list of products that contribute straight Canon to the BattleTech universe while at the same time it was stated that the IP owners are "not in total denial about these sources either"; it has also been stated that fluff from certain official, licensed products (namely certain computer games including those produced by FASA) can be assumed to be part of the shared universe as long as it is not directly contradicted, and makes sense. On this premise, Repair Bays are considered to be an apocryphal structure.
- Though this turret doesn't require a control tower or a generator, the versions in MechCommander often rely on at least one of those.