Light SRM Carrier
|Light SRM Carrier|
|Manufacturer||Pinard Protectorates Limited|
|Mission||Close Range/Urban Combat|
|Targeting Tracking System||FireScan with IndirecTrack|
A very basic reworking of the classic SRM Carrier, the Light SRM Carrier is a Taurian Concordat design that improves upon the original, while remaining as true to it as possible. The Light Carrier is smaller, faster, and built on a wheeled chassis. Though this does limit its mobility somewhat, the chassis switch enabled engineers to speed the Light SRM Carrier up to 65 km/h. Even though it is smaller, the Light Carrier also carries four and a half tons of armor, one and a half more than its antecedent. It still uses an internal combustion engine for power. Though this limits the amount of components that can be carried, it also makes the design cheaper to produce and easier to repair.
Though this combat vehicle is constructed on Pinard, Protector Jeffrey Calderon allowed any legitimate Periphery power to purchase it to foster pan-Periphery unity. It is unclear whether or not this policy outlived him.
Weapons and Equipment
The Light SRM Carrier has a very simple armament composed of five Shannon Six-Shooter SRM Launchers. The armament has also been upgraded by moving the launchers into a turret mount. More ammunition is also used, up to three tons can be carried. Despite increased speed and armor, the Carrier is little more than a throwaway that can cripple damaged opponents quickly.
- Light Thunderbolt Carrier
- Introduced during the Jihad, the vehicle is fitted Fusion Engine and advanced weaponry. The new engine increased the vehicle's speed to over 80 kph. The original SRMs are replaced by five long-range advanced tech Thunderbolt 5 Missile Launchers. The vehicle is outfitted with 36 rounds of fire for those launchers. BV (2.0) = 714
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 22-23, "Light SRM Carrier Profile"
- MUL online date for the Light SRM Carrier
- Combat Operations, p. 137
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 32
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 39
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 40