Light of Hope
|Light of Hope|
One of many WarShips to be disabled and abandoned or lost during the Star League era or the early Succession Wars, the Baron-class destroyer later known as the Light of Hope was one of a number of ships recovered by the Word of Blake and restored to working order in secret.
The WoBS Light of Hope was one of three Baron-class destroyers to serve in the Blakist fleet at the height of its power, serving alongside her sister ships WoBS Light of Faith and WoBS Light of Glory. The Light of Hope was a part of the Blakist forces participating in the conflict on Luthien, capital of the Draconis Combine, in the early years of the Jihad. Clan Nova Cat launched a campaign to liberate Luthien in 3072, with the the vengeful Xi Galaxy of Clan Nova Cat arriving on-planet on the 21st of July.
Although the Nova Cat forces withdrew shortly after a decisive confrontation between their forces and the Blakist forces on the 21 August, the 3072 campaign for Luthien saw both the Light of Hope and the Carson-class destroyer WoBS Sword of Promise destroyed, giving the Light of Hope the dubious distinction of being the first of the three Baron-class Blakist WarShips to be destroyed in action.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Word of Blake Naval Assets" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "J:FRp128" defined multiple times with different content
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 90, "Naval Assets and Militia Divisions"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 7, "Xi Galaxy [Clan Nova Cat]"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 1, "Manifest Destiny"