Marine Combat Environment Suit
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
A Marine Combat Environment Suit is a type of environment suit worn by space marines for deep-space boarding missions, undersea operations and other hostile environment missions. The suit consists of an airtight pressurized underlayer protected by heavy armoring and fed by an integral eight-hour air supply. This can be supplemented by an additional air tank for another eight hours of operation and features back-up systems similar in function to a Filter Mask.
The suit's gloves and boots are equipped with lightweight electromagnets for gripping onto a ship's hull, while small compressed-air jets in the arms and legs provide limited maneuverability in space. Its faceplate functions like a Rangefinder Binocular and displays body-status monitors including remaining air supply and the wearer's physical condition. Power for the wearer's weapons and other equipment is provided by an integral power pack.
- Lostech, p. 52