Marine Combat Environment Suit
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
A Marine Combat Environment Suit is a type of environment suit worn by space marines for deep-space boarding missions, undersea operations and other hostile environment missions. The suit consists of an airtight pressurized underlayer protected by heavy armoring and fed by an integral eight-hour air supply. This can be supplemented by an additional air tank for another eight hours of operation and features back-up systems similar in function to a Filter Mask.
The suit's gloves and boots are equipped with lightweight electromagnets for gripping onto a ship's hull, while small compressed-air jets in the arms and legs provide limited maneuverability in space. Its faceplate functions like a Rangefinder Binocular and displays body-status monitors including remaining air supply and the wearer's physical condition. Power for the wearer's weapons and other equipment is provided by an integral power pack.
- Lostech, p. 52