Moltke Main Battle Tank
|M1 Moltke Main Battle Tank|
|Mission|| Garrison Defense |
|Armor||Star Slab/7 Heavy Ferro Fibrous|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Speed||64 kph km/h|
|Communications System||Maxell 650|
|Targeting Tracking System||Maxell TA 85 w/TAG|
The M1 Moltke Main Battle Tank was created for the Duchy of Andurien. The Duchy commissioned Brooks Inc. to create the tank to enable the Duchy's military to fill its military gaps, without relying on outside sources for equipment and parts.
The tank is based on the Age of War Augustus A-3 Tank, Brooks took the ancient design and updated it for the needs of the Duchy. The tank began production in 3076, and has since been disbursed among the League forces on station in the Duchy. Outside parties have inquired to Brooks for purchasing the tank for their forces. Brook Inc's has forwarded these requests to the government offices for approval.
Weapons and Equipment
- M2 Moltke
- Entering service in 3077, the M2 is designed to complement the M1's long range fire. The Extended Range Large Laser is exchanged for a Snubnose PPC in the turret. In place of the Light Gauss Rifles the tank has been given 5 Seven Tube Multi-Missile Launchers mounted in front of the tank with six tons of ammunition for them. BV (2.0) = 1,363
- M3 Moltke
- In place of the Light Gauss Rifles of the M1, the M3 carries a pair of LB 10-X ACs with a three ton ammunition bay. A Plasma Rifle with two tons of ammo and a TAG system are also mounted on the turret. This version is designed to get into the thick of the fighting, attacking enemy forces from close range. The only downside is the lack of anti-infantry weapons. BV (2.0) = 1,438
- Augustus A-3 Tank - Ancient Age of War design which Moltke was based on. The ancient tank was powered by a diesel ICE, and equipped with a pair of light autocannons and a medium autocannon as its backup weapon. The tank had crew of ten people due to size of its engine. BV (2.0) = 551
- MUL online date for the Moltke Main Battle Tank
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 124 - "M2 Moltke Main Battle Tank Record Sheet" - includes battle value.
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 42
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 43
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 111 - "Rule Annex" - Moltke Main Battle Tank - A3 Augustus description.
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 62