- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
- BattleTech: Urban Warfare Confirmed For June 4th Release
- Let’s Talk About MechWarrior: Dark Age
- The ‘Mechs That Time Forgot: Quad ‘Mechs
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Read more →
The Nagelring academy logo
|Founding Year||Star League era|
Once an SLDF academy, much of the original faculty stayed on after Operation Exodus. The academy's sprawling park-like facilities are located on the continent of Bremen on Tharkad and offer recruits courses for a multitude of military occupations, as well as civilian courses including chemistry and literature. Unlike other military academies within Lyran territory, students wear a gray uniform with a sky-blue trim, and the school rag is blue
The Nagelring suffered extensive damage during the Word of Blake invasion and occupation of the Lyran capital during the Jihad, but thanks to both its location and position in the military training hierarchy, the campus was rebuilt. Back in operation as of 3085, the rebuilt Nagelring's class sizes were much smaller than those prior to the Jihad, but in one respect the facility was unchanged, still producing officers that heavily relied on social status rather than skill in the field for upward mobility in LCAF.
Entrance into the academy is extremely difficult, and a social split exists between noble and non-noble students. This division, apparent during the era of the LCAF and renewed since the rise of Katherine Steiner-Davion, has perpetuated the idea that Lyran officers are more social creatures than martial. Although officially not tolerated, some within the academy perpetuate this rivalry in the hopes of building character in the students.
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 26 "Tharkad - Nagelring"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 109-110
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 39-40
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 5 "Logistical Status - Academies and Command Centers"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 96 "Martial Training Centers"
- Lethal Heritage
- The Star League, p. 68