- Mech_Con 2018 Roundup Day 1 - MW5 Release Date, Trailers, And A New 'Mech!
- Artist Photoshops ‘Mechs Into Classic Paintings, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Fan-Made BattleTech Comic Based On MechWarrior Online Coming Soon
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- First BattleTech Expansion - Flashpoint - Arrives November 27th
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Armament|| 8 x PPC |
8 x LRM-20
4 x AC/20
8 x SRM-6
8 x Large Laser
20 x Medium Laser
24 x Small Laser
|Armor|| Fore 100 |
|Crew/Passengers|| 46 officers |
126 1st-class passengers
|Grav Decks|| 1 x 1230 meters diameter |
1 x 150 meters diameter
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||50/15|
Many jump points in important star systems are home to so-called Recharge Stations, of which the Olympus is the most well-known. Those stations feature huge solar sails and can store vast amounts of energy, which they can transfer to waiting JumpShips by cable connection or by emission of microwaves, significantly shortening the recharge time due to concentrated energy flow. Apart from that, recharge stations also function as cargo stations and fuel bunkers for DropShips and many of them form the core of orbital sensor and defense systems. Recharge stations are rarely subjected to a direct assault, because even during the Succession Wars they were deemed too valuable to be damaged. They have been, however, targeted by black-ops attacks in order to take out the sensor network they control, prior to a planetary assault. In times of Star League there'd been hundreds of Olympus, one apiece for the zenith and nadir jump points of every important system in the Inner Sphere, and the majority of the less important systems as well. But between the sabotage to his sensors, the age and mechanical failure or human error, few have survived.
Weighing in at about 1 million tons and having a 1,500 meter diameter sail, the Olympus features eight batteries, each one capable of recharging one JumpShip at a time. The most interesting feature is perhaps the inclusion of two repair docks able to cope with ships up to 50,000 tons and a single, large dock for ships weighing up to 150,000 tons. These repair facilities are almost constantly occupied due to their popularity and acquiring a place can require booking six months in advance. The two gravdecks are quite unique: one is "small", with a diameter of 150 meters, which holds the command section of the Olympus, while the other is the largest gravdeck known to exist with a diameter of 1,230 meters. The largest gravdeck holds all passenger and staff facilities, and makes duty aboard the station relatively pleasant.
Weapons and Equipment
The armament of the Olympus is geared towards anti-fighter defense. Each firing arc boosts the same configuration, erasing any blind spots in its defense. PPC's, LRM-20's, and Autocannon/20's provide each arc's main firepower, supplemented by lasers and short-range missile systems. The armor is somewhat weak, but as recharge stations are rarely the subject of a massed assault, it is deemed enough to protect the Olympus.
The Olympus has a huge cargo bay with a capacity of 139,093 tons, accessible by 12 doors. It also can support six Small Craft as well as six aerospace fighters and sports four docking collars, making it a vital center for any incoming cargo ships. Apart from the crew, the Olympus also has quarters for 126 passengers and sufficient rescue equipment, in case of an emergency.
Pressurized Repair Bay - 50,000 ton capacity (2)
Pressurized Repair Bay - 150,000 ton capacity (1)
No official variants seem to exist, but any of the many stations in existence have been customized over the years of their existence.
- Andurien zenith recharge station, still operative in 3058.
- Gatchina zenith recharge station, still operative in 3058.
- Granera zenith recharge station, still operative in 3058.
- Kittery zenith recharge station, still operative in 3059.
- Romita zenith recharge station, still operative in 3058.
- Hesperus II station: Assaulted and captured in 3057 by a mercenary team lead by Grayson Carlyle, as part of the Lyran offensive against the Free Star Republic.
- Jodo Shinsa, Kaifeng station: First line of defense to planet Kaifeng, member of Sarna Supremacy in 3058, was attacked and easily captured by a team of Warrior House Hiritsu as part of his campaign against Kaifeng.
- Damien Hasek New Syrtis Recharge station in Zenith jump point, briefly taken by pro-Steiner forces during New Syrtis assault, in 3065.
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 324
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 178, "Olympus Space Station Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3057, p. 202, "Olympus Space Station Profile"