Pit Bull (Truck)
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Pitt Bull Medium Truck|
|Manufacturer||Pinard Protectorates Limited|
|Use|| Military Non-Combatant Transport |
Off-Road Cargo Hauler
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Wheeled (Small)|
|Top Speed||64 Kph|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||1,000 km|
The vehicle most noted uses was in 3044, when Lady Death Trevaline’s Tortuga Pirates struck the world of Althea's Choice. The vehicles were dispatched down dangerous back roads to an isolated TDF Infantry Battalion which was under attack by the pirates. The battalion only had training equipment, and needed military gear to survive. A convoy of Pit Bulls transversed the back roads, crews risking their lives getting weaponry to the isolated battalion. The Pit Bull, had successfully reached the battalion, they were able fight off the Pirates and their survivors used the trucks return TDF base.
In 3054, the Pinard Protectorates Limited executives were indicted by Concordat courts when they sabotaged Vandenburg Mechanized Industries's prototype that was to compete with Pit Bull for TDF logistic transport business. When Thomas Calderon removal from power, Vanderburg drop its bid to try produce a competitive vehicle.
Equipment and Capabilities
The vehicle has a 1,383 kg cargo capacity, .234 less tons than its civilian sister. The vehicle uses that .234 tons to fit Off-Road Chassis and Control Modifications, with four passenger capacity. Its bed is covered with a rear door to access the cargo bed. It also has four searchlights mounted in the front.
- Bulldog Medium Truck - The original civilian version of the Pit Bull.
The Pit Bull has no published Record Sheet for it as of this writing.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 26, "Pit Bull"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 14, "Pit Bull"
- online date for the Pit Bull (Truck)