Prairie Schooner (Tractor)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Prairie Schooner Land Train|
|Use||Civilian Ground Transport|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Standard technology|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Wheeled (Large)|
|Cost||(Complete with Trailer) 500,000 C-bills|
|Top Speed||60 kph|
|Power Plant||Fusion Engine |
|Armor||BAR 6 |
|Crew||3 (3 enlisted/non-rated)|
The Prairie Schooner Land Train was created by Johnston Industries of New Syrtis. The company extracted information to create the Prairie by accessing the Helm Memory Core as did NAIS when they first recovered military technology. Among the data recovered included the methods of manufacturing the components, such as the Fusion Engine.
The Prairie Schooner Train is designed to allow a mass transportation connection between distant settlements on less developed planets. The Ninety ton tractor alone can operate without pulling its 30 ton trailer modules and still have ample room to transport cargo. The Schooner is designed to haul three trailer modules of different loads and purposes, such as for the transportation of cargo and people. Schooners were not intended for military service, however due to their lifting capacities they have been employed as a part of military supply trains, as was seen when the Word of Blake's 31st Division used them on New Avalon at the start of the Jihad. 
Equipment and Capabilities
The Prairie's fusion engine allows for it to pull three 30 ton modular trailers. The vehicle was given 6.5 tons of light composite armor to allow for better protection against regular threats to the train. The vehicle is not armed with any weaponry, however customers have added them.
The Prairie's self-righting mechanism is a non-stats equipment. There are no given stats for the variants mentioned in the fluff for armed vehicles. There also no Battle Value listed for the Prairie Schooner or its trailer Module.
Turning Points: Irian contains a record sheet for the Prairie Schooner and its module. These record sheets also provided battle value.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 8, "Prairie Schooner Land Train"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 24, "Prairie Schooner Land Train"
- online date for the Prairie Schooner (Tractor)
- Turning Points: Irian, p. 33, "Record Sheet"
- Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon, p. 8, "Unwelcome Guests" - Prairie Schooner Land Trains employed as part of the Blakist's supply force.
- Technical Redout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 6, "Wheeled Support Vehicles"