Qanatir Melissia Theater Militia
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Qanatir Melissia Theater Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Melissia Theater Militia formerly Periphery March Militia|
Clan Invasion Era
In the wake of the Clan Invasion piracy became an increasing problem within the operational area covered by the Qanatir MTM. What had been a quiet backwater posting became considerably more active as pirate activity moved away from the invasion corridor and the Qanatir MTM found itself trying to cover the region left unguarded after the Neerabup MTM was destroyed during the invasion. A particular problem for the Qanatir MTM, stretched as they were across a band of worlds from Main Street to Krung Thep, were the activities of the pirate band known as Morrison's Extractors. Colonel Woody Lounsbury of the Qanatir MTM found himself acting at a command level considerably higher than normal for a March Militia command, in a post more akin to the former regional commander post of the Qanatir Command. Colonel Lounsbury had to work closely with Colonel Mark Polk of the rebuilding Neerabup MTM and Precentor Richard Pettigrew of the Com Guard 214th Division to co-ordinate efforts throughout the theater.
FedCom Civil War
The Qanatir MTM spent a considerable amount of time during the FedCom Civil War trying to run down a mysterious band of raiders who struck at several worlds across the Theatre. Although the identity of the raiders is unknown, they handily defeated the Qanatir MTM when the Militia finally ran them to ground, and the Militia became convinced that the raiders were a Clan force, probably from Clan Goliath Scorpion.
In or around 3079 the mercenary unit the Hexare Grenadiers uncovered a Word of Blake Level II on the former Rim Worlds Republic world of Oporto. The Grenadiers called in the assistance of the Qanatir MTM, and the two units worked together to destroy the Blakists. The Qanatir MTM subsequently contributed a full battalion - the same battalion that had helped destroy the Level II on Oporto - to the rebuilding 3rd Royal Guards, something that caused a certain amount of resentment amongst the long-term members of the Royal Guards.
The Qanatir MTM subsequently helped contribute towards the rebuilding of other militia units within the Melissa Theatre; the Neerabup MTM was increased in strength from a bare company to a full battalion using forces from the Qanatir MTM, while the Chahar MTM was brought back from the rolls of dead units using Qanatir MTM troops followed by new recruits and other transferees.
By 3082 the Qanatir MTM had been redeployed to Kwangjong-ni to defend the Defiance Industries plant located there. This proved fortuitous when a pirate band landed on Kwangjong-ni in 3082, attempting to raid the plant. The Qanatir MTM promptly destroyed the pirate's DropShip, leaving them stranded on Kwangjong-ni; after three weeks of wandering around the planet finding nothing but small communities and wilderness, the pirates surrendered en masse without ever having found the Defiance plant.
The various combat actions of the Dark Age reduced the Qanatir MTM's BattleMech complement to less than a battalion. As a result they learned to make extensive use of conventional infantry and artillery.
This militia cover many planets and places. Small unit operations are important to them.
In the Dark Age, the Quantir MTM was skilled at using infantry to pin their opponents in place so they could be hammered by artillery, before unleashing their 'Mechs.
Qanatir Periphery March Militia (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Woody Lounsbury
- CO: Colonel Woody Lounsbury
- - By 3067 20% of the equipment used by the Qanatir MTM used upgraded technology.
- Kommandant Julia Sollars
- CO: Colonel Mary Pill
Qanatir MTM Infantry Brigade (5 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Icaac Holden
Qanatir MTM (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- - The Qanatir MTM was operating at 60% of full strength after donating a battalion to the 3rd Royal Guard, and 75% of their equipment used upgraded technology.
- - The Qanatir MTM were based on Qanatir as at 3079.
- CO: Colonel Karen Wei
- - At this point the Qanatir MTM had rebuilt to 75% of full strength despite transferring troops to two other Melissa Theatre Militias, and 75% of the equipment used by the militia featured upgraded technology.
Qanatir Melissia Theater Militia (1 Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Wendy Drake
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 117, "Qanatir MTM"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 175, "Qanatir MTM"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 18, "Irregular Forces"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 17, "Regional Militias"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 106, "Melissa Theater Militia"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 131
- 20 Year Update, p. 28, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 21, "AFFC Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 117, "Qanatir Melissia Theater Militia Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 178, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 108, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 132, "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces - Bucklands Theater"