- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
- This article is about the Dark Age era BattleMech. For the BattleMech referred to/translated as "Quasimodo" in the German edition of BattleTech, see Hunchback.
|Manufacturer||Kali Yama - Alphard Trading Corporation|
|Chassis||Crucis Type V Endo Steel|
|Armor||Durallex Tensile-4 with Kallon Nimbus Blue Shield Particle Field Damper|
|Engine||Hermes 275 XL|
|Communications System||Omicron 4002 Networking Channel|
|Targeting Tracking System||TRSS Eagle Eye|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||86 km/h (97 km/h with TSM)|
A product of the Kendall BattleMech factory rebuilt as a collaborative project between Kali Yama and the Alphard Trading Corporation, the Quasimodo was intended from the outset to be the next generation of the venerable Hunchback 'Mech.
The designers of the Quasimodo echoed a number of elements from variants of the Hunchback, including Rawlings 45 Jump Jets to allow the design to jump as well as a weapons load reminiscent of the HBK-4P Hunchback, but they weren't limited by what had come before. The Quasimodo was ten percent heavier than its progenitor, and incorporated Triple-Strength Myomers, a Blue Shield Particle Field Damper and a Full-Head Ejection System.
The Quasimodo debuted in the arena on Solaris VII, where the medium 'Mech defeated a Hellstar, demonstrating the ability of a superior pilot and a well-designed machine to triumph over a much heavier 'Mech piloted by an inferior pilot.
Weapons and Equipment
The Quasimodo mounts an all-energy loadout, with a trio of Diverse Optics Type 47V Medium Variable-Speed Pulse Lasers in the right torso, a Magna Mk. VI Extended-Range Medium Laser in each arm and a Magna Mk. IV Extended-Range Small Laser in the head.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 30-31, "QSM-3D Quasimodo"
- online date for the Quasimodo
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 253