|Manufacturer||WC Site 1 |
Csesztreg Industriplex Alpha
|Chassis||Type MA-58 Endo Steel|
|Engine||Fusion 380 XL|
|Communications System||CH6 Series Integrated|
4 x ER PPCs
|BV (2.0)||3,084 |
A continuation of the collaboration between Clan Hell's Horses and the Exiled Wolves on Arc-Royal during the Jihad which resulted in the Cygnus, a machine based on the earlier Annihilator, the Hellstar is more or less a Clan Awesome. Introduced in 3079, the Wolves-in-Exile and Hell's Horses maintained exclusive production of the effective 'Mech since, with the largest number outside the ranks of their toumans being the relatively few examples the new-born Republic of the Sphere salvaged from the battlefields of Operation SCOUR.
Built on a weight saving Endo Steel frame and 380 rated XL Fusion Engine, the Hellstar boasted impressive speed for its weight while carrying eighteen-and-a-half tons of standard armor, the maximum possible for its weight. The real key to the design's reputation was its unprecedented thirty Double Heat Sinks, which allowed it to fire all its weapons continuously without the risk of heat build-up.
Among the most deadly weapons in the Clan arsenal, the Hellstar's four Ripper Series A1 Extended Range Particle Projector Cannons, one in each arm and torso, gave it the potental to destroy or cripple anything less than another assault 'Mech with a single salvo. While lacking in secondary weapons, the massive volume of heat sinks ensures that barring combat damage the Hellstar can fire its main weapons as fast as they can recharge. 
- Hellstar 2 - A sub-variant of the original, while the removal of five heat sinks forced MechWarriors to rely on Volley fire to avoid overheating, the inclusion of a Targeting Computer in turn made those shots deadly accurate.  BV (2.0) = 3,545
- Hellstar 3 - Retaining the targeting computer of the earlier variant, exchanging the ER PPCs for Series 7Ja ER Large Lasers traded a reduction in its overall damage capacity for an increase in range, making this variant a highly mobile and deadly sniper. Even with the addition of two Kolibri Omega Series Medium Pulse Lasers in the 'Mech's center torso, the reduced heat of this variant allowed the removal of two heat sinks, the saved weight going to an Active Probe and ECM Suite.  BV (2.0) = 3,025
 Notable Pilots
- Sir Kristoff Erbe - A knight of the Republic of the Sphere, Sir Erbe piloted a customized Hellstar which had its ER PPCs removed and replaced with two Large Pulse Lasers in the arms and two ER Large Lasers in the shoulders. It also utilizes a Targeting Computer. The mysterious troops known as the The Fidelis had modified the 'Mech for him.
 BattleMech Gallery
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 179
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Technical Readout: 3085, p. 178
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 260
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 261
- ↑ Surrender Your Dreams, p. 100