- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
- This article is about the vehicle. For the creature, see Nolan (species).
|Kallon RML-447C Nolan|
|Use||Heavy Transport Engine via Maglev rail lines|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Rail (Large)|
|Cruise Speed||120 km/h|
|Flank Speed||180 km/h|
|Armament|| 2x LB-X Autocannon/10 |
4x Machine Guns
Advanced Fire Control
|Armor||Heavy Industrial Armor|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||Bar 10|
|Crew||10 (2 officers, 3 enlisted/non-rated, 5 gunners)|
The Nolan was created by Kallon Industries as a MagLev based rail engine to assist hauling large military formations across planetary continents. The Nolan was designed for use with the RMC-3050 LevCar.
Equipment and Capabilities
The engine itself mounts two LB 10-X Autocannons in a turret, with six tons of ammunition. Also, the vehicle mounts four Machine Guns mounted forward to fend off infantry. The machine guns share one ton ammunition between the four guns. All the weapons are guided by an Advance Fire Control computer.
- Nolan (Fuel Cell)
- Kallon created a standard locomotive engine to use on worlds with conventional rail infrastructures. The train runs on a fuel cell drive and is twenty-five percent slower than the MagLev version. The train does however still retain all capacities and equipment of the MagLev version.
- RMC-3050 LevCar (rail car) is specifically designed to be pulled by this vehicle.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 150, "Kallon RML-447C Nolan"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 146, "Nolan RML-447C"
- online date for the RML-447 Nolan
- MUL Profile for the Nolan (Fuel Cell) variant