Randolph Support Vehicle
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Randolph Support Vehicle|
|Use|| Transport |
|Tech Base||Primitive Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Tracked (Medium)|
|Introduced||Age of War|
|Armament||3 x Machine Guns|
|Crew||2 (1 enlisted/non-rated, 1 gunner)|
The Randolph is an early combat vehicle that was developed near the dawn of the Age of War, just after 2300. The vehicle's intended mission was to support frontline troops as a transport/support vehicle. The Randolph was produced Inner Sphere wide, seeing service in various factions and private units. The vehicle remained in service up to the Reunification War, however it was phased out of service due to its obsolete equipment by end of that war.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Randolph is armed with 3 machine guns with Basic Fire Control, one of which is mounted in the front and the others on both sides. The vehicle is protected by 2 tons of BAR 5 grade armor, which was considered good armor protection when it was first introduced into service. Aside from the vehicle's 9 ton cargo capacity, it can tow additional cargo or field artillery.
It has been noted that a number of these vehicles have been converted into ambulances and command vehicles.
The Randolph features Tractor Chassis Modification, with following Design Quirks: Easy to Maintain, Modular Weapons, and Obsolete/2500. It is built as a primitive combat vehicle, which is similar to construction rules for support vehicles.
As of this writing, the only a record sheet for the vehicle that is found in the original PDF. The variants noted in the fluff have not been stated as of yet.
The vehicle's image was originally used for the RRV "Rock Rover".
- MUL File for Randolph give BV.
- XTRO: Primitives, 2 - Vehicle introduction year approximately 2300.
- XTRO: Primitives, 2 - Background of the vehicle, note it was given Quirk:obsoletion/2500.
- XTRO: Primitives, 2, p. 10 - Vehicle's weapon and capacities noted in fluff.