|RRV "Rock Rover" Half-Track|
|Manufacturer||Pinard Electric Motors|
|Use|| Motorized or Mechanized Infantry Vehicle |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Tracked (Small)|
|Cruise Speed||21.6 km/h|
|Flank Speed||32.4 km/h|
|Power Plant||Electric Fuel Cell Engine|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||625 km|
|Armament|| Support Laser |
2 x Automatic Rifle
|Crew||4 (1 enlisted/non-rated, 3 gunners)|
The RRV "Rock Rover" Half-Track is built by Pinard Electric Motors, which produces the vehicle for the Taurian Concordat's mechanized and motorized infantry platoons. The vehicle is built to withstand the rigors of infantry fighting, working alongside other small, military-grade infantry vehicles. Even though the vehicle is not built for speed, it is strong enough to deliver its cargo of infantry to its target.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Rock Rover is principally armed with a Support Laser that is mounted in the vehicle's turret. The laser has thirty shots it can fire before it is exhausted. A pair of pintle-mounted automatic rifles in bubble turrets are on each side of the vehicle. These guns come with 300 rounds of ammunition each.
The vehicle has an Infantry Bay of 1,000 kg with a door mounted in the rear of the vehicle. The capacity allows for a full squad of troops. Also, the vehicle has additionally a 779 kg cargo capacity door also to the rear of the vehicle. The crew has access to a single, handheld Searchlight, mounted in its front and features a Armored Chassis and Control Modifications.
- Limpet - This four-ton infantry vehicle is produced by the Draconis Combine-based manufacturer Buda Imperial Vehicles. The vehicle is a virtual copy of the Rock Rover with the exception of its main weapon. The vehicle mounts an SRM Launcher in place of the Rover's Support Laser.
- Rumbler-HT - This is a three-ton infantry vehicle that is similar to the "Rock Rover". It is produced by Gienah Automotive.
As of this writing, there is no published BV or record sheets for this vehicle.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 48, "RRV "Rock Rover" Half-Track"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 30, "Lesseps Dump Truck"
- online date for the Rock Rover
- online date for the Rock Rover (Speed) variant