Buda Imperial Vehicles
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|Buda Imperial Vehicles|
|Primary Site(s)|| Pesht|
A relatively small company with only four production sites, Buda has none the less had a long and illustrious history of manufacturing military vehicles for the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery. The company is well-known for the Tokugawa medium tank, a solidly-built combat machine commonly found among all DCMS forces, older versions being rotated to planetary militia as front-line units get newer models. 
In 2467 executives from Buda were on the Azami desert world of Dabih and witnessed one of the dune races for which the locals were famous. The race impressed them enough that Buda negotiated with the government on Dabih to build a factory complex on the planet dedicated to producing a new version of the local Sand Devil hovercraft known as the Sabaku Kaze, or "Desert Wind". The Desert Wind proved hugely popular with both the Azami and the DCMS, and Buda was unable to keep up with demand for the vehicle throughout the Star League era and early Succession Wars.
Buda were noted as being the first company to mount flamers on Coolant Trucks during the First Succession War, a practice soon emulated by other manufacturers across the Inner Sphere. Once known as the "Buda Surprise", this practice helped foil a Davion raiding assault against Tok Do in 2809 when Federated Suns forces believed they had captured a large supply convoy. In 2810 Coordinator Jinjiro Kurita granted Buda Imperial control of the entire moon that orbits Pesht, which was renamed after the company and is the current location of Buda Imperial's corporate headquarters. 
Buda's Dabih plant was crippled in 2883 by the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns; the attack deliberately targeted the portion of the factory complex where fission reactors were constructed and stored. The resulting damage scattered radioactive material across the factory site and surrounding countryside, resulting in contamination that made the area dangerous to visit for at least two centuries. A combination of factors including the general decline in technology across the Inner Sphere and a corporate scandal involving Buda meant that the company never rebuilt or replaced the plant on Dabih.
The company has a number of subsidiaries including New Samarkand based Nav Hull and Bulldog Enterprises of Proserpina. Buda Imperial Vehicles acquired control of Bulldog in early 3067. CEO of Buda Piram Germane opted to leave Bulldog Enterprises relatively intact, merging only the two corporate distribution networks, with Buda gaining the benefits of Bulldog's robust R&D division while Bulldog benefits from Buda's superior corporate ratings within both the DCMS Bureau of Procurement and the Combine Ministry of the Interior.
Buda Imperial Vehicles has manufacturing centers on the following planet:
|Components produced on Dabih:|
|Nissan 215||Sabaku Kaze|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Nimakachi Type 3||Sabaku Kaze|
|Dalban Series K||Sabaku Kaze|
|Dalban AQ||Sabaku Kaze|
The Buda Imperial Vehicles plant on Luthien suffered damage during the Jihad, as did all the major defense industries on the planet; however, by mid-3081 the plant had been restored to full production.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 138, "Pillar of Steel - Weapons Industries - Buda Imperial Vehicles"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 202, "Manufacturer Note"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 158 "Pillar of Jade (Economics) - Direct Service (Military) Corporations - Buda Imperial Vehicles"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 202, "Sabuka Kaze Heavy Scout Hover Tank"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 202, "Produced Sabaku Kaze Components"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 89, "Pesht Military District"
- Objective Raids, p. 70, "Produced Buda Imperial Vehicles Components"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 38, "Produced Coolant Truck Components"
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, p. 96, "Produced Daimyo Vehicle components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 204, "Produced Daimyo Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 102, "Produced Tokugawa Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Kurita, p. 10, "Produced Experimental Tokugawa Vehicle variant"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 16, "Produced Shillelagh Components"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, pp. 3-4, atlas
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 5, "Luthien"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 20, "Hex map"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Kurita
- Handbook: House Kurita
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine