|Tokugawa Heavy Tank|
|Manufacturer||Buda Imperial Vehicles, Bulldog Enterprises|
|Mission|| General Combat |
|Engine||Nissan 220 Fusion Engine|
|Speed||65 kph km/h|
|Communications System||Sipher CommSys 1|
|Targeting Tracking System||TargiTrack 717 w/Artemis IV FCS|
|BV (2.0)||912 |
The Tokugawa Heavy Tank is a wheeled heavy tank designed in the Draconis Combine.
The tank was originally designed by the DCMS Procurement Division during the First Succession War. The Tokugawa was mass-produced in various factories throughout the Draconis Combine. However, the devastation of the Succession Wars destroyed most of the tanks and its manufacturers. Only a limited production line was continued at the Buda Imperial Vehicles on Luthien.
After the War of 3039, Gunji-no-Kanrei Theodore Kurita contacted the Buda Enterprises on Proserpina to produce the tank in larger numbers. Buda Enterprises' first production run of the Tokugawa first appeared in 3046. The first new "modern" version of the Tokugawa first appeared in 3053, where it was deployed along the Clan frontier, as well as on Luthien itself.
The "new" Tokugawa first saw action with the 1st Amphigean Light Assault Group on Kilmarnock against a Clan Nova Cat raid. The Tokugawas were used to contain the Nova Cats' Elemental Battle Armor units.
The vehicle saw extensive use during Operation Bulldog in 3059, where it safeguarded Combine worlds from reprisals from the Clan Smoke Jaguars. It was also used in offensive actions against Jaguar units on Outer Volta, and later saw action during the FedCom Civil War, as well as during the Jihad era, in Clan Snow Ravens incursions from Outworlds Alliance. The tank proved to have some difficulties in its ability to deal with fast-moving Aerospace Fighters.
Weapons and Equipment
The Tokugawa's primary weapon is its Imperator Code Red LB-X 10 Autocannon, mounted in its turret. The gun has three tons of ammunition, allowing crews to employ a mixture of different ammunition types. Also mounted in the turret is an Artemis IV FCS-enhanced Ayukawa “Slapper” six-tubed SRM Launcher, with two tons of ammunition. Two Diverse Optics Type 20p Medium Pulse Lasers protect the vehicle's forward arc.
- The more primitive standard model produced during the technical decline of the Succession Wars era, while the armor was identical, instead of an expensive and increasingly rare fusion engine the original Tokugawa utilized for a more readily available I.C.E. model of the same rating. Armed with a standard Autocannon/10 instead of the later LB-X model and a stock SRM-6 launcher, a single Machine Gun was mounted in place of the upgraded model's lasers. A single ton of machine gun munitions was carried, while both missile launcher and autocannon had one ton less of ammo each. BV (2.0) = 731 
- This post-Clan Invasion variant exchanged the SRM-6 and the Artemis IV FCS for a advanced Streak SRM 6 launcher mounted alongside a Small Pulse Laser in the turret. The autocannon and missile launcher ammunition stores was both reduced by a ton to make way for the heavier equipment. BV (1.0) = 603, BV (2.0) = 926 
- This is a limited production vehicle used as security vehicle on Atreus. It trades the standard weaponry for a turreted Ultra AC/10 with three tons of ammunition, two Streak SRM-4s, and a front-mounted Flamer. An anti-missile system and Ferro-Fibrous Armor add additional protection. BV (2.0) = 717
- This Experimental prototype test-bed that was began its development by Buda Imperial Vehicles on Luthien in 3067. The one-off vehicle was almost lost when Luthien fell into chaos with the dawn of the Jihad. During recovery process in mid 3070s, the prototype was rediscovered. DCMS decided to use this vehicle as test bed for new type of LRM launcher. The vehicle is fitted with a turreted mounted 15-tubed Extended Long Range Missile Launcher, with 2 tons of ammo. Co-axed with the launcher is a Class 10 Hyper-Velocity Autocannon with two tons of ammunition. To make room for these weapons, the vehicle's engine was changed out for a 280 Rating XXL Fusion Engine. The new engine propelled the vehicle up to 80 km/h. To protect the fragile engine, the hull was given 8.5 tons worth of Clan Ferro Fibrous Armor. A C3 Slave Computer is fitted to allow lancemate to coordinate fire against enemy force. BV (1.0) = ????, BV (2.0) = 1,116
- MUL online date for the Tokugawa
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 148 - "Tokugawa Heavy Tank"
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 58 - "Modern Tokugawas first used against Clan Nova Cat Elementals".
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 102 - "Later history includes the Fed Com Civil War and war with the Snow Ravens".
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 152 - "Tokugawa Heavy Tank TKG-150"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 153 - "Tokugawa Heavy Tank TKG-151"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 149 - "Tokugawa Heavy Tank (C3)"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 151 - "Tokugawa Heavy Tank (Streak)"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 150 - "Tokugawa Heavy Tank (MRM)"
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, p. 2, 19 - "Vehicle Profile"
- XTRO: Kurita, p. 10, 22 Tokugawa Yuma - Experimental Tokugawa's stats and fluff.
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 58-59 - "Vehicle Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 102-103 - "Vehicle Profile"