- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Dabih neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||59.968 : 83.504[e]|
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (El-Arabi, Lorial, Shakhi)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Salazar Nabura (Governor)|
Josef Lucene (Planetary Legate)
Dabih I - more commonly known simply as Dabih - is the innermost of three planets in the system and has three moons named El-Arabi, Lorial and Shakhi. Shakhi has a thin but breathable atmosphere and reserves of water.
Dabih was originally settled sometime during the twenty-fifth century when the Azami left Terra in order to colonize the stars. The original colonists came from Terra's Middle East region and were followers of the Muslim faith. The colonists were attracted to this world's deep oceans and heavy forests. Shortly after they arrived, the colonists discovered that Dabih's largest moon, Shakhi, was also suitable for colonization. The moon was designated as the agricultural source for the planet, which left the industries on Dabih free to exploit the mineral resources in the planet's crust.
Unfortunately these mineral resources were located deep in the crust and required substantial efforts to extract. Compounding the problem was the soil on Shakhi, which was only able to grow a few grains and was very difficult to work. The outlook was bleak for many years, but a hundred years after the first settlers arrived, geologists found a large field of crude oil beneath Garalash, the southern polar continent. This hydrocarbon resource prompted further exploration which led to the discovery of large pockets of natural gas. Based on these resources Dabih became an exporter of hydrocarbon fuels, and the quality of life increased as the planet prospered.
This prosperity didn't extend to Shakhi, however. In the centuries since the hydrocarbons were discovered, the abortive agriculture project has declined, with small farms and large prairies covering most of it's surface. Troops sent to garrison the world often stationed their AeroSpace Fighters on Shakhi, sparing Dabih much of the destruction common during the Succession Wars. Its position as a satellite of Dabih also helped the defenders drive off raiding forces on several occasions. The defenders could engage the attackers before they reached the planet's surface.
The population of Dabih were known to hold dune races using exquisitely-maintained and manoeuverable hovercraft known as "Sand Devils". Manufactured by Cairo Enterprises of Arkab, the Sand Devil was an effective combat vehicle in its own right during the Age of War, and played a substantial part in the defence of the Arkab worlds when the Combine invaded in 2497. In 2673 executives from one of the Combine state manufacturers, Buda Imperial Vehicles, were on Dabih and witnessed one of the dune races. The race impressed them enough that Buda negotiated with Dabih to build a factory complex on Dabih dedicated to producing a new version of the Sand Devil known as the Sabaku Kaze, or "Desert Wind". The Desert Wind proved hugely popular with both the Azami and the DCMS after entering service in 2695, and Buda was unable to keep up with demand for the vehicle throughout the Star League era and early Succession Wars.
The AFFS struck at Dabih in 2883 and destroyed a part of the Buda factory; the attack deliberately targeted the portion of the factory complex where fission reactors were constructed and stored. The resulting damage scattered radioactive material across the factory site and surrounding countryside, resulting in contamination that made the area dangerous to visit for at least two centuries. For various reasons Buda never rebuilt or replaced the plant on Dabih.
- 2319 - Independent world 
- 2571 - Draconis Combine 
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2764 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2786 - Draconis Combine 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Azami Brotherhood 
- 3079 - Azami Brotherhood 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Draconis Combine 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
- - At this point in time the 6th Arkab Legion were deployed across, Dabih and Albalii. The Sixth was at 75% of full strength, with 50% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Dabih has three continents named Garalash, Ludesi and Zairikesh. Garalash is an icy, polar continent located at the south pole, while Ludesi is located in the northern hemisphere. The moon Shakhi has two continents, a southern continent named Jidharo and a northern continent named North Shakhiseh.
- Barheilabad: the planetary capital of both Dabih and Shakhi; located on Zairikesh on Dabih.
- Garhenna: the main military settlement on Shakhi, located on North Shakhiseh.
- Kentiles: the main commercial spaceport for the system, located on the eastern coast of Ludesi.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Sadachbia||51.9||Al Na'ir||52.3||Kaus Media||52.3||Lambrecht||53.3|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 28, "Dabih World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 118, "Islam"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 202, "Sabuka Kaze Heavy Scout Hover Tank"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding" - 2319
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War - 2571"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War - 2822"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War - 2864"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War - 3025"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War - 3030"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 - 3040"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL - 3052"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War - 3067"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 137, "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 20, "Mercenaries Regimental Status"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 202, " Sabaku Kaze Profile"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: DCMS
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Technical Readout: 3075