|Production Year||Introduction Year:2720|
Description, Weapons and Equipment
The Rifleman II was an upgrade fielded by the SLDF Royals, adding twenty tons to its overall mass. The Rifleman II used an Endo Steel structure and an XL Engine, and carried a pair of LB-X Autocannon/10s and Large Pulse Lasers, one in each arm, as well as a pair of Medium Lasers, a Beagle Active Probe, and fourteen Double Heat Sinks. It carried 12 Tons of regular Armor. This armament made the Rifleman II especially effective as an anti-aircraft weapons platform.. 
No Factory Variants were created.
- RFL-3N-2 Rifleman II Kataga
- This Rifleman II was used by Major General Carlos Kataga, the SLDF officer in charge of the New Dallas garrison before the Amaris Civil War. It was broadly similar to the standard Rifleman II, but instead of having an LB-X autocannon and Large Pulse Laser in each arm, it traded these for a pair of Large Pulse Lasers in the left arm and a Gauss Rifle in the right arm. Four Jump Jets allowed it to cover 120 meters in a jump, and it was protected by fifteen tons of armor. BV (2.0) = 1,991
- Rifleman IIC - One of the 'Mechs the SLDF took with them when they left the Inner Sphere was the Rifleman. The Clan variant is five tons heavier and mounts four Large Pulse Lasers, jump jets, and an active probe. BV (2.0) = 2,122
- Rifleman III - A Rim Worlds Republican design, this was a prototype Assault BattleMech which was equipped with stealth system and Gauss Rifles. Only a single unit was produced, which was forgotten in course of time after the liberation of Terra.
- Carlos Kataga - Major General of the SLDF in charge of the organization and defense of New Dallas during Operation APOTHEOSIS.