- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Savior Repair Vehicle|
|Use||Recovery & Repair|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Tracked (Medium)|
|Top Speed||64 kph|
|Power Plant||GM Medium Industrial Fusion|
|Communications System||Garret Supremesound|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
|Armament||1x Small Laser|
|Armor||Durallex Modified Heavy BAR 10|
|Crew||10 (2 officers, 7 enlisted/non-rated, 1 gunner)|
The most common of the many models of repair and recovery vehicles available throughout the Inner Sphere in the latter half of the thirty-first century, the Savior Repair Vehicle was introduced to service in 3059 by General Motors and was designed to alter the concept of operations for military organizations by allowing them to conduct repairs and refits in the field, rather than keeping them tied to DropShips, factories and other such repair hubs.
Having been developed to provide support to units deploying on Operation BULLDOG, the Savior and other mobile field bases soon became ubiquitous, with most regiments including at least one in their establishment table. The Savior is capable of salvaging, recovering and repairing both BattleMechs and vehicles in the field, as well as conducting resupply missions, and as such acts as a notable force multiplier for the military units it supports.
Weapons and Equipment
Powered by a GM Medium Industrial Fusion Engine, the Savior was constructed around a Tech D chassis, engine and control system and armor - mounting 1.5 tons of heavy industrial armor - with CASE along with mounting an Armored Chassis Modification. The bulk of the Savior was taken up with a twenty ton mobile field base, although it also included a three ton Infantry Compartment and three and a half tons of cargo space.
The Savior mounted a single Magna Mk I Small Laser in a turret.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 24-25, "Saviour Repair Vehicle"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 30