- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Innovative Design Concepts|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||IDC Fox 1|
|Engine||Edasich Motors 315 XXL|
|Communications System||Cyclops 20 w/CherrySeed Angel ECM|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Silver Fox uses an XXL Engine to provide a lot of speed for low weight. The increased size of the XXL Engine leaves little room for weapons, but given how fast the Silver Fox is, this usually isn't a problem. To protect the 'Mech, Innovative Design Concepts added seven tons of Reflective Armor. Though only as effective as standard armor against missiles or autocannons, all energy weapons have their damage reduced by half by this armor. This allows the Silver Fox to ignore a lot of the damage that would otherwise cripple the 'Mech in the arena. To provide more protection, IDC installed an Angel ECM Suite in the 'Mech's right torso; This electronic warfare package will interrupt Artemis IV, Streak, and Narc fire control systems.
Weapons and Equipment
The Silver Fox's main armament are its five Poland Main Model C Magshots and its two Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers. These are backed up by a single Diverse Optics ER Small Laser. All these weapons are linked to an advanced targeting computer.
- MUL online date for the Silver Fox
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 234
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 138
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 139
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 243