- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Mission|| Recon |
|Armor||Compound VM22 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Standard 245 XL|
|Communications System||K9 CommSys|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter (2) Dedicated TTS|
Designed by the Quikscell Company of Pandora, the Skanda Light Tank was a general use light combat vehicle first produced in the Lyran Commonwealth. Introduced in the last decade of the thirty-first century, the vehicle would be sold throughout the Inner Sphere until the Clan Jade Falcon Invasion of the Commonwealth in 3142, when the vehicle would become exclusive to the Clan as part of the Falcon's garrison forces.
Weapons and Equipment
The Skanda is swift for a tracked vehicle; this is due in part of its 245-Rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine, powering the vehicle upwards to 118 kph. This speed allows the tank to serve as ground reconnaissance element for forces unable to deploy airborne units. Modestly armored for a light tank, the Skanda's armored hide is protected with 6.5 tons of Compound VM22 Ferro-Fibrous.
A turretless design, the Tank’s weaponry is all fixed forward. Its long-reaching firepower, which gives the vehicle ability take down airborne elements, comes from a pair of Ultra Class 2 Autocannons. Backup for the autocannons comes in the form of a pair of Series 2b Extended Range Medium Lasers. The tank's fire-control systems are geared towards being able to target opponents at long ranges.
The Skanda was originally conceived by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its Falcon's Prey expansion set. The figure would be used as a general use vehicle in the CGC game. The Vehicle was later adopted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
The Skanda is subjected to the following Design Quirk:
- MUL Profile for the Skandra Light Tank - BV2 & Introduction Year.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 19 & 72 - BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 428
- Era Report: 3145, pp. 22, 26-27 - Falcons invasion of the Commonwealth noted with year listed.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 18-19 - Skanda's background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 18-19 - Skanda's capacities and weaponry.