- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Chassis||Composite Internal Structure|
|Speed||97,2 (108) km/h|
The SLG-X Slagmaiden BattleMech is a mixed hybrid of Clan and Inner Sphere experimential technologies. Built in 3076 by Arc-Royal MechWorks, the 'Mech was intended to showcase advanced technologies and boost the morale of troops during the Jihad. Only two Slagmaidens were ever constructed, due to some of its design features and its expense. It is unknown if the Slagmaiden will ever reach general production, as the 'Mech seems destined for the niche of arena combat.
Armament and Capacities
More intended for dueling than practical combat use, the design hosts a number of medium- and short-range weaponry. The Slagmaiden's principal weapon is its Clan Heavy Large Laser mounted in its right arm. To help mitigate the design's significant heat build up from the laser, Techs have installed a Laser Insulator to the weapon. Its short range weaponry includes a pair of Extended Range Flamers found in right arm, while a pair of Streak SRM 2s are mounted in each side torso. The ammunition for the 'Maiden is protected by CASE II which is fitted in the left torso.
The Maiden's other signature feature is its Large Shield found in its left arm. While the shield is active, its torso weapons are unable to be used. The weapon also slows down the 'Mech by a single km/h per-speed bracket. However, this is offset by the 'Mechs's Supercharger which pushes the 'Mech's speed up to 100 km/h. Techs also applied 10.5 tons of standard armor to the hull to protect the 'Mech's fragile interior from harm.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner, p. 9 Slagmaiden - BV
- Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner, p. 9, Slagmaiden - Background
- Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner, p. 9 Slagmaiden - Features and weaponry of the Slagmaiden