- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
Smoke Shells are special munitions fired by Long Tom, Sniper and Thumper artillery. Rather than armed with an explosive warhead, these shells create billowing clouds of obscuring smoke at the target location. The potential to create literal a "fog of war" on the battlefield can be used to hide troop movements and other actions from the enemy.
Smoke shells follow all normal rules of unguided artillery. Each shot fills one hex and the adjacent hexs with Heavy Smoke that rises 2 levels high and lasts until the end of the third round after fired.
- Tactical Operations, p. 356, "Smoke Artillery/Arrow Missiles"