Sniper Artillery Cannon
|Sniper Artillery Cannon|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/Clan Experimental|
|Short Range||1 - 4|
|Medium Range||5 - 8|
|Long Range||9 - 12|
|Extreme Range||13 - 16|
|Ammo Per Ton||10|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||6,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 77 (cannon) |
The Sniper Artillery Cannon is a scaled down version of the Sniper Artillery Piece capable of direct fire. When mounted on BattleMechs, combat vehicles, and AeroSpace Fighters, it provides artillery support at much closer ranges than its cousin. Essentially a snub-nosed version of the Sniper Artillery Piece, the Sniper Artillery Cannon fires a shell at an enemy location like an autocannon. Unlike an autocannon, the artillery cannon's targeted location isn't an enemy unit but a physical location (hill, tree, hex).
Errata in Tactical Operations now states that the Artillery Cannons may only use standard artillery munitions. As an area-affect weapon, the Sniper Cannon may not benefit from a targeting computer. Artillery Cannons use the Indirect LRM Fire rules to determine target numbers, but Artillery Cannons cannot make Indirect Artillery attacks. Missed shots scatter like standard artillery, but divide the scatter distance by one half to account for the smaller propellant charges.
There no known models at this time.
- Tactical Operations, p. 285, "Artillery Cannon"
- Tactical Operations, p. 405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 404, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 184, "Artillery Ordnance Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 383, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"