- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||2320 (LC)|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
The Spot Welder is a piece of construction equipment that is commonly used on IndustrialMechs. Instead of using its own batteries, as was common in pre-spaceflight models, this modern interpretation of the Spot Welder pulls power from the engine of the unit carrying it. This means that it requires heat sinks and power amplifiers if the unit's engine isn't fusion or fission powered. Some IndustralMech operators have used Spot Welders as a contact small laser in close combat, but it is a tool and not well suited for direct combat. However at least two OmniMech configurations have been created that use Spot Welders to support marine boarding actions in space.
The Spot Welder inflicts 5 points of damage on any target it hits. Bipedal 'Mechs can carry a single Spot Welder in each arm, but must remove the hand actuator to do so. Quad 'Mechs can mount a single Spot Welder in each side torso. Any ground or naval vehicle (including WiGE and hovercraft but not VTOLs) can carry a Spot Welder if they mount the appropriate heat sinks and power amplifiers. To use the Spot Welder WiGE and hover vehicles must land and Naval vehicles must be stationary. Vehicles may mount the Spot Welder in any location, including the turret. If the carrying unit's engine shuts down or the crew is stunned, the Spot Welder shuts down.
- TechManual, p. 293, "Industrial Equipment (Cont) - Table"
- TechManual, p. 248, "Spot Welder"
- TechManual, p. 344, "Industrial Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 68, "Record Sheet - Septicemia US"
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 139, "Record Sheet - Black Hawk U"