X Principes Guards
|X Principes Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Principes Guards|
The X Principes Guards (also known as the Tenth Principes) formed in 3084 and quickly saw action on Gan Singh. There they fought alongside the I Principes Guards, II Principes Guards, and the IX Principes Guards. During that campaign the Ninth's commander was killed and Colonel Tette commanded both the Ninth and Tenth Guards.
The Dark Age
Steel Wolves Invasion of Terra
Following the call from Exarch Jonah Levin to withdraw to Prefecture X, the Tenth and those few other contingents of the Guards who responded to the call proved to be fervently committed to Devlin Stone and the rebuilding of the Republic. As a part of Levin's plan to rebuild the Republic Armed Forces he offered command of the entire Principes Guard brigade to Corinne Brousse, commanding officer of the Tenth. Brousse accepted levin's offer, with the proviso that she would continue to command the Tenth; following her rise to command the brigade, the Tenth became both the defensive backbone and the spiritual center of the entire brigade.
Heavily involved in the rebuilding of the brigade between 3135 and 3145 the tenth would continue to lose veteran personnel to the other units within the brigade as a part of the rebuilding effort, but the stalwart efforts of Colonel Jelger Lentjes, Brousse's military aide, ensured that the Tenth continued to maintain both high morale and a reputation for professionalism.
- CO: Colonel Jonas Tette
1020th Armor Brigade (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Ronda Asli
1020th Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Kurt Wogel
X Principes Guards (2 Battalions/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Jelger Lentjes
1020th Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Itri Muhtar-Ozturk
1020th Infantry Brigade (Green/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Sheadon Young
Note: The Regiments have a Equipment Rating of PG.
- Tenth Principes Guards players receive a +2 Initiative modifier if the Tenth is fighting alongside another Republic Armed Forces unit.
- If the Tenth is fighting in defense of Republic of the Sphere territory the units from the Tenth receive a -1 to-hit modifier for all weapon attacks.
- If the Tenth is fighting in defense of Republic of the Sphere territory the units from the Tenth receive a -1 target modifier on all Pilotiing Skill checks.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 181
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 187, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, pp.8-9 3134: Breaking Point, Important Military Actions - Terra, and Dark Age Timeline "Tenth Prinicpes are named as part of the defensive force that repelled the Steel Wolves invasion of Terra.
- Field Manual: 3145, 141, "Principes Guards"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 144, "Republic Armed Forces - Principes Guards"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 212, "Tenth Principes Guards"