- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Hellespont 'Mech Works|
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3090|
|Chassis||Hellespont Type TZ|
|Armor||Hellespont Lite II Stealth|
|Engine||Rawlings 300 XL|
|Communications System||Ceres Metals Model 777 w/Angel ECM Suite|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Tian-zong is a post-Jihad design that the Capellan Confederation first developed in 3090. Equipped with thirteen and a half tons of Stealth Armor powered by an Angel ECM Suite, the Tiang-zong is a premier "Recon in Force" 'Mech. The 300 rated Extralight Engine propels the Tiang-zong to a top speed of 64 km/h, which can make for a jarring ride given the Small Cockpit. The Tian-zong is one of the first Capellan 'Mechs to use an Endo-Composite skeleton. Twelve Double Heat Sinks dissipate the heat from the Stealth Armor. It is a popular 'Mech with CCAF commanders.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mech is armed with a pair of Mydron Concussor Gauss Rifles as its main weaponry. Each rifle has two tons of ammunition, keeping it in the fight. For close-in work the 'Mech carries an Extended Range Ceres Arms Medium Laser in each arm.
- This variant is based on the N1. It uses the same Gauss Rifles, but they only have a ton of ammunition. Two heat sinks have been removed (leaving ten in the engine) as have the ER Medium Lasers. The freed space and mass allows the N3 to carry a Light PPC in each arm. It is identical to the N1 in all other respects. BV (2.0) = 2,072
- Tian-Zong Jasminda
- The customized TZN-N3 Tian-Zong piloted by Sang-shao Jasminda Xiang of the Sixth Confederation Reserve Cavalry during the Capellan Crusades featured the Light Gauss Rifles of the TZN-N2 variant to save weight to carry ER PPC in the right arm, supported by a ER Medium Laser in the left arm. 
- The Tian-Zong was introduced by WizKids as part of their MechWarrior: Dark Age line of collectible miniatures. It first appeared in their game set release called Liao Incursion. In the novel Fortress of Lies, the 'Mech first appeared in action in canon fiction. However, the 'Mech was firing its Gauss Rifles from its arms, conflicting with the original figure's physical appearance.
- The TZN-N3 Tian-Zong is the variant described in the Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation entry.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 44
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 91
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 101
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 92
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 102
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 45, 93
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 103
- Operation Turning Point: Capellan Crusaders, p. 32 "Tian-Zong TNZ-N3 Jasminda"
- Fortress of Lies (Novel) - Tian-zong first appears in fiction.
- Jaquelin Pejiko's Confederation Reserve Cavalry Dossier
- Clara Park's House Liao/McCarron's Armored Cavalry Dossier
- Hoa Phiri's House Liao/Warrior House Dossier
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation