- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
The ship is 1,508 meters long & the ship's engines have been downgraded to maximum speed of 2 gravities. The ships interplanetary engines have not been used in decades due to stress on the hull it would cause.
The Vessel traveled to Adhafera in Prefecture VIII of Republic of the Sphere to broker a deal with the planet. The ship arrived on the 15th of June, where Delta Aimag began send its merchants and warriors to the planet to settle a deal, While the ship remained at the jump point.
The ship briefly travelled to Tania Borealis system in August, to meet with Spina Khanate command ship ArcShip Poseidon. After meeting with saKhan, ovKhan Petr Kalasa returned the ship back to Adhafera to continue their negotiations for trade.
In September, a series events forced the Sea Foxes to withdraw from the planet, sighting ovKhan Sha Clarke's degree the planet had terrorists on it, after was attacking Beta Amiga's assets.
After the departure of Beta, Petr received evidence that Sha Clarke was working to split off Spina Khanate from the rest of the Clan. On the 21st of September the Spina Khanate command ship Poseidon arrives and nearly destroys the Voidswimmer. The ship reactivates its decades unused Interplanetary drives and manages to get out of the way, but receives moderate damage to itself with some 400+ casualties & two dozen deaths.
OvKhan Petr Kalasa, takes a shuttle to the Poseidon, to meet with saKhan and presents him with evidence of Sha's betrayal of the Clan.
Immediate after the meeting, saKhan Sennet order all JumpShip to find the Khan and protect him. The Voidswimmer immediately jump as part of Sea Fox's fleet spreading out to find the Khan.
The Voidswimmer is used to transport "Clan" Spirit Cat's expedition to the world of Marik in late September, 3137. Later the ship's warriors sent as part of bargain deal to secure Marik in July in 3138.
Attached to the hulls of the ships are gutted Behemoth & other class of DropShips permanently sealed & paralleled to Voidswimmer's hull. They serve as habitats and additional storage bases called Communities, named in by Greek alphabetic order.
Many these former DropShips welded carefully together form external community centers/habitats. Example one on Voidswimmer is Beta Community. It contains a Market Square Beta, which can be described as amorphous line stretching and snaking around a open region.
Which is base of an vast open-ceiling region reaches 150 meters high with dome at its top. The process of assembly these communities have been gone over the decades since retired Warships were converted into CargoShips and ArcShips.
People living in these external communities move about interior of the gutted DropShips like well coordinated schools of fish. Launching from sides of the interior to other sides. Nearly several hundred people can be moving about at the same time. Beta Community has population of 12,000.
The ship has never specifically given a classification of what its Class of Warship that it originally belongs too. However, in novel Hunters of the Deep, the length was given. Which is same suggests it is a Potemkin Class Troop Cruiser (WarShip). The ship's name was not actively use by any Potemkin Class ship before the Jihad started.
It served as the Command Ship for the leader of Delta Aimag whom was known formally as the ovKhan of Delta Aimag. The ship was operating in Prefecture VI & VII of the Republic of the Sphere in 3134. It later was in operating in old Free World League space by 3137.
- Hunters of the Deep, p. 247 - "Petr regrets down grading the interplanetary engine's speed".
- Hunters of the Deep, pp. 12-13 - "Time specified when the ship was refitted".
- Hunters of the Deep pp. 245-248 - "Event of the Voidswimmer attempting to move out of way of incoming Poseidon".
- Hunters of the Deep, pp. 256, 260-261 - Voidswimmer (typoed as Voidjumper in the novel) immediately jumping out despite damage. Description of Sea Fox fleets panning out to find the Khan.
- Pandora's Gambit, p. 173 - "Rikkard Nova Cat's people are transport from Irian to Marik by Voidswimmer".
- To Ride the Chimera, p. 308 - "Regulan fleet forced to withdraw due to Clan Warship".
- Hunters of the Deep, p. 35 - "Petr entering the Beta Community square"
- Hunters of the Deep, p. 37 - "ovKhan Petr admiring the interior of Beta Community from the Market Square".
- Hunters of the Deep, p.?? - "Ship length mentioned"