|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Fixed Wing (Large)|
|Cruise Speed||40 km/h|
|Flank Speed||60 km/h|
|Armor||Heavy Industrial Armor|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 10|
|Crew||3 (3 enlisted/non-rated)|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,159|
Turning to Omni Pod technology to meet myriad requirements of the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces Quartermaster Corps, the Zugvogel Omni Support Aircraft can be configured for almost any support role.
Relying on a large number of fixed wing support craft to maintain the massive logistical supply train of the Lyran military, the LAAF/LCAF Quartermaster Corps utilized a considerable volume of Lockheed/CBM's King Karnov in a seemingly endless array of variants to meet numerous roles. Attempting to simplify and streamline its manufacturing lines in the manner of the Morgenstern OmniFighter's replacement of three AeroSpace Fighters, Lockheed/CBM again turned to modular Omni construction to develop a single design capable of meeting as many roles as possible.
Built using an Edasich commercial-grade Fusion Engine, making it twenty-five percent faster than the King Karnov, the Zugvogel mounts eleven and half tons of military grade armor, and carries advanced fire control and CASE as standard. Featuring a whopping seventy-one and half tons of pod space, the Zugvogel can be modified for nearly any mission an army could come up with.
The Zugvogels primary configuration is that of a heavily armed combat transport, carrying a forward facing pair of LRM-15s, two Light AC/2s and a Medium Pulse Laser, supported by a Light Gauss Rifle mounted aft. Reserving twenty-two and half tons for cargo space, five tons of LRM missiles, two tons of Light AC ammo and one of Light Gauss reloads compliment four heat sinks.
- Alt Config A
- An aerial command post, the Zugvogel A mounts a Hi-Res Imager on the front, rear and each side along with a Hyperspectral Imager, Infrared Imager Camera, Look-Down Radar, all linked to a Command Console, C3 Master Computer and a extensive comunications array. Armed only defensively, a pair of LB 2-X Autocannons are mounted aft, with a single forward facing Medium Variable Speed Pulse Laser. Three tons of LB-X Autocannon reloads and seven heat sinks are more than enough for its non-combat role. BV (2.0) = 645, 712
- Alt Config B
- A field hospital configuration, the Zugvogel B mounts a ten theater MASH unit, Paramedic Equipment, Field Kitchen and powerful Searchlights to illuminate the area when grounded. A fifty ton Light Vehicle Bay for rescue jeeps and ambulances, and a four ton infantry bay round out the config. BV (2.0) = 645, 570
- Alt Config D
- The so-called Raubvogel, the D configuration, is a aerial gunship intended to defend its fellow craft capable of frightening even the bravest aerojock, mounting twin Gauss Rifles, a Heavy PPC and Rocket Launcher 10 forward, with an Ultra AC/2 mounted aft. Seven tons of Gauss reloads, two of Ultra AC ammo and fifteen heat sinks give the D reasonable field endurance. BV (2.0) = 1,444, 2,022
- Alt Config E
- This version carries four Anti-Missile Systems with two covering the nose and aft arc. It also carries a pair of MML-5s in the nose and a Rotary AC/2 covers the aft arc. A Guardian ECM Suite provides electronic warfare support. The RAC/2 covers the main exit hatch which opens onto a forty-eight ton infantry bay. BV (2.0) = 1,038, 1,028
- Alt Config F
- Introduced in the Dark Age era this Zugvogel is equipped with an Advanced Fire Control system to operate five Clan-built LRM-15s, two Thunderbolt-20 launchers, and three Medium Chemical Lasers. Each wing mounts a single LRM launcher, and the chemical lasers cover the aft arc of the Zugvogel. The rest of the weaponry is carried in the nose. BV (2.0) = 2,894
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 56-57, "Zugvogel Omni Support Aircraft"
- MUL online data for the Zugvogel
- MUL online data for the Zugvogel Omni Support Aircraft A
- MUL online data for the Zugvogel Omni Support Aircraft B
- MUL online data for the Zugvogel Omni Support Aircraft C
- MUL online data for the Zugvogel Omni Support Aircraft D
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 83
- MUL online data for the Zugvogel Omni Support Aircraft E
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 70
- MUL online data for the Zugvogel Omni Support Aircraft F
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 22, "Trireme Infantry Transport"