7th Lyran Guards
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|7th Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||First Lyran Guards Division|
Star League Era
During the Star League era, the 7th Lyran Guards were one of ten regiments within the 1st Lyran Guards Division and one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence. By the mid-twenty-eighth century the 1st Division was the only Division of the Lyran Guards to be at full strength, and while the Lyran Guards were supposed to be loyal to the Lyran Commonwealth first and the Archon second, the various regiments of the 1st had been used at certain points to keep powerful nobles in line.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 7th lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades. Commonly assigned to garrison postings, the 7th Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 7th and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the 7th and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
7th Lyran Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the 7th was based on Arc-Royal.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"