- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Gibson Federated BattleMechs|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
The Djinn is the first known example of the so-called Demon series of battle armor designs produced by Word of Blake for their Manei Domini. Designed by the same Doctor Cortland that engineered the Celestial series of OmniMechs, there are also six Demon armors. The first reports of the Djinn being used in combat came in 3070.
The Djinn has been carefully crafted to instill fear in its enemies. Its slim profile shows that it is obviously specially designed for Manei Domini troopers. Cybernetic enhancements make up for the muscular bulk that Elementals and their Inner Sphere "frail" counterparts need to operate battle armor.
The Djinn is at its best sweeping urban areas clear of unarmored infantry. It can leap up to one hundred twenty meters in order to quickly get to trouble spots, thanks to its partial wing configuration. The Djinn carries enough advanced armor to stop a Medium Laser. The light battlesuit has no trouble riding an OmniMech into combat.
The main gun of the Djinn is its Machine Gun. While it is somewhat effective against armored targets, a Djinn squad can annihilate an unarmored infantry platoon in seconds. Each trooper also carries a Light TAG, which can call down homing artillery and missiles with equal ease, making the battlesuit a threat to any unit. Each of the Djinn's arms ends in a battle claw, aiding it during anti-'Mech attacks.
- Stealth - First seen in 3071 accompanying Purifiers, the stealth variant removes the partial wing, lowering the jumping capacity to ninety meters, and the weapons. Though it is somewhat slower, it has slightly more armor and features a Camo System that makes it more difficult to target. It has been transformed into a sniper with the inclusion of a "David" Light Gauss Rifle. BV (2.0) = 35
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 17
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 142
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 16
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 16-17