|Manufacturer||Gibson Federated BattleMechs|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
|Armor Type||Advanced Armor|
|BV (2.0)|| 26|
The Djinn is the first known example of the so-called Demon Series of battle armor designs produced by Word of Blake for their Manei Domini. Named after the evil spirits of Islamic lore the Djinn was designed by the same Doctor Cortland who engineered the Celestial series of OmniMechs. The first reports of the Djinn being used in combat came in 3070, though it wouldn't be for another year before a significant number of them were seen taking part in major engagements. They have since become synonymous with Blakist oppression, especially on Galatea and Gibson.
The Djinn has been carefully crafted to instill fear in its enemies. Its slim profile shows that it is obviously specially designed for Manei Domini troopers, since their use of cybernetic enhancements make up for the muscular bulk that "frail" Elementals and their Inner Sphere counterparts need to operate battle armor. It's weaponry is geared towards sweeping urban areas clear of unarmored infantry, it's 200kg of advanced armor is enough to stop a Medium Laser and it's superior mobility allows it to get to and from trouble spots quickly.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weapon of the Djinn is its Machine gun. While it is somewhat effective against armored targets, a Djinn squad can annihilate an infantry platoon in seconds. Each trooper also carries a Light TAG, which can call down homing artillery and missiles with equal ease, making the battlesuit a threat to any unit. Each of the Djinn's arms ends in a Battle Claw, aiding it during anti-'Mech attacks and allowing it to ride an OmniMech into battle, while a partial wing configuration allows it to make jumps of one hundred twenty meters.
- First seen in 3071 accompanying Purifiers, the stealth variant was first thought to be superior to the standard model in every way until careful study revealed otherwise. While the stealth model retains the partial wing structure this is only to confuse the enemy as to which model it is since all of the necessary flight controls and avionics have been removed, limiting it's jumping ability to ninety meters. The removal of the flight systems and weaponry allows the stealth model to carry 40kg more of advanced armor, a Camo System similar to the Purifier's, and the inclusion of a "David" Light Gauss Rifle, turning it into a formidable sniper. BV (2.0) = 35
- First seen in 3079 after the fall of Terra to Devlin Stone's Coalition, this version of the Djinn removed the Battle Armor TAG system and standard armor. Instead the chassis carried 330kg of Reflective Armor. Each arm carries a single Battle Claw, and the Djinn Terrorizer can be equipped with a Machine Gun, Small Laser, or Flamer. The Terrorizer has a jump radius of 30 meters as it doesn't have the partial wing used by the standard Djinn. BV (2.0) = 36 (flamer, machine gun variants), 42 (small laser variant)
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 16-17, "Djinn Battle Armor"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 142, "Djinn Battle Armor"
- MUL online date for the Djinn
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 17
- MUL online date for the Djinn (Stealth) variant
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 18
- MUL online date for the Djinn (Terrorizer) variant
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 15, "Djinn Terrorizer"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, pp. 28-29, "Record Sheets"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 30, "Record Sheets"