116th Mechanized Infantry Division
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|116th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2780)|
|Nickname||The Flanders Division|
|Parent Formation||XLV Corps|
The 116th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XLV Corps, Eighteenth Army, of the Periphery Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The 116th suffered heavy losses in the Hegemony Campaign, and was disbanded in 2780.
|Commanding Officers of the 116th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached, was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 156, "Eighteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133