12th Wolf Cavalry (Clan Wolf)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Twelfth Wolf Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Tau Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
In common with the other elements of Tau Galaxy the Twelfth Wolf Cavalry was recruited almost entirely from the various graduating classes from 3139 to 3142 of the Allison MechWarrior Institute and the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School. Although Clan Wolf had to put all of the recruits through the Watch for vetting beforehand, making use of such a large pool of trained personnel made sense, and the Wolves streamed more 'Mechs and aerospace fighters into the Twelfth and the other elements of Tau Galaxy than would usually be the case for a garrison formation. Despite this act of largess, there still wasn't enough to allow the Twelfth to be a full 'Mech Cluster, which meant that the Twelfth had to use tank crews and infantry - both less well-trained than the MechWarriors and aerospace pilots - to fill the gaps in their order of battle.
Having mustered Tau Galaxy, the Wolf Empire had kept the Twelfth and the other elements of the Galaxy focused on the Free Worlds League border, leaving the Twelfth in the invidious position of resenting the quiet posting while also feeling conflicted over the lingering loyalties felt towards the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth, which had been responsible for their training. The Empire had little alternative, however; redirecting the Twelfth to the Lyran Commonwealth border would've been the recipe for a diplomatic incident in the making.
|Commanding Officers of the 12th Wolf Cavalry (Wolf Empire)|
Twelfth Wolf Cavalry (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Grace
- - At this point in time the Twelfth was stationed on Autumn Wind and was operating at just over two-thirds of full strength. Although the Twelfth lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Tau Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Tau Galaxy"