147th Light Horse Regiment
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Read more →
|147th Light Horse Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||IV Corps|
The One Hundred Forty-seventh Light Horse Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2765, the unit was assigned, as a part of the IV Corps, Tenth Army, to District 3 of the Free Worlds League Military Region. There they engaged in multiple pirate hunting missions, actively seeking out leads and rumors of pirate bases and hunting down any actual pirates found. This proactive stance made them popular with their Corps commander. The 147th had actually pursued pirate bands outside their area of responsibility into other Corps territory. Though technically a violation of orders, their success and skill at hunting pirates was appreciated by other Corps.
|Commanding Officers of the 147th Light Horse Regiment|
As an SLDF Light Horse regiment the 147th would have been composed of light to medium vehicles backed up by at least two Recon companies composed of 'Mechs designed for information gathering in addition to any regular 'Mechs within the regiment.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 126
- The Star League, p. 143, "Tenth"
- The Star League, p. 133