165th Mechanized Infantry Division
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|165th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||L Corps|
The 165th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the 165th was assigned, as a part of the L Corps, Sixteenth Army, to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery. The 165th took heavy damage during the Periphery Uprising, with elements of the division defecting to join the rebels, and the division was disbanded. In 2782 the Outworlds Alliance recruited two battalions of troops from the remnants of the 165th, and used these personnel to reactivate the Alliance Grenadiers in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 165th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133