165th Mechanized Infantry Division
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|165th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||L Corps|
The 165th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the 165th was assigned, as a part of the L Corps, Sixteenth Army, to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery. The 165th took heavy damage during the Periphery Uprising, with elements of the division defecting to join the rebels, and the division was disbanded. In 2782 the Outworlds Alliance recruited two battalions of troops from the remnants of the 165th, and used these personnel to reactivate the Alliance Grenadiers in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 165th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133