186th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|186th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2767)|
|Nickname||The Black Tide|
|Parent Formation||XXVIII Corps|
The 186th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In the 2760s the Division would rotate its units to cover for other Divisions to allow them to be rotated out of the defensive line.
In 2764 the 186th was a part of XXVIII Corps within the Thirteenth Army and was assigned to District 3 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region. The Division was subsequently moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in response to the Periphery Uprising. The Division took heavy casualties in the Uprising, and was disbanded; elements of the division joined the Periphery rebels. In 2786 an ad-hoc regiment of personnel from the 186th were recruited by the Magistracy Armed Forces and used as the basis for reactivating the First Canopian Cuirassiers and the Magistracy Guards.
|Commanding Officers of the 186th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Conner Stefanopolis||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 163, Unit Profile
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 146, "Thirteenth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 163, "186th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133