19th Fleet (SLDF)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||SLDF Naval Command|
The Nineteenth Fleet was a part of the Star League Defense Force Naval Command. Prior to the Periphery Uprising, it was stationed along the Federated Suns/Taurian Concordat border. This made that border the most heavily militarized border in the Star League.
Created as one of the SLDF Naval Command's independent Fleets, the Nineteenth Fleet spent much of its existence supporting the Eleventh Fleet, assigned to the Taurian Concordat, a reflection of the tendency for the Concordat to be a flashpoint for trouble within the Periphery.
The Nineteenth's presence along the border was a major reason that the bandit and pirate raids in that area dropped sixty-five percent between 2760 and 2765. Based out of the Hyalite system, the Nineteenth would always leave one line squadron in the system. The other line squadron and two escort squadrons would patrol the border. Leaving a line squadron to defend the system made sense, as the main repair facility orbited Hyatos, Hyalite's moon, and served as a repair facility for the Nineteenth, Eleventh, and Fifth fleets. In addition this base served SLIC as a deployment facility for undercover agents going into the Concordat.
When the Periphery Uprising began, the Eleventh Fleet took heavy damage - including the loss of Admiral Lewis Manseur's flagship, the Texas-class SLS Nebraska - to Taurian rebels, and the rapid forward deployment of the Nineteenth from their fleet bases in the Federated Suns may well have saved the Eleventh from destruction. The Eleventh and the Nineteenth subsequently operated as a joint command for the remainder of the Periphery conflict.
|Commanding Officers of the 19th Fleet (SLDF)|
- 192nd Escort Squadron (Poseidon's Trident)
- 194th Line Squadron (Humuhumunukunukuāpuaas from Hell)
- 195th Reconnaissance Squadron (Shadow Hunters)
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 48, "Nineteenth Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 228
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 47, "Eleventh Fleet"