1st Infantry Division
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|1st Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Big Red One|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
The First Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XLIV Corps, Sixteenth Army, to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery. The 1st was destroyed during the Periphery Uprising in 2765. The unit traced its lineage back almost 1000 years to a Western Alliance formation.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Infantry Division|
As an SLDF Infantry division the 1st would have been formed from two Brigades of Grunt infantry and a brigade of light BattleMech regiments. In addition to the normal formations for a leg infantry division there are the 345th Heavy and 346th Assault Tank regiments and a full regiment of artillery.
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133