20th Royal CAAN Marine Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
|20th Royal CAAN Marine Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Saipan Regiment|
|Parent Formation||XVIII Corps|
The Twentieth Royal CAAN Marine Regiment was formed on Titan in order to fight underwater, on floating cities, and underground. Shortly before their first SLDF deployment in 2582 a Locust assigned to the unit broke the land speed record, using Titan's low gravity to hit a top speed of 1005 kilometers an hour. The 'Mech's legs were destroyed, but this record would stand well into the 31st century.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XVIII Corps, Ninth Army, to District 2 of the Free Worlds League Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery. The Twentieth was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 20th Royal CAAN Marine Regiment|
The Twentieth Royal CAAN Regiment was well known for its urban warfare skills.
When a scenario where at least half of the mapsheets are found on the Light Urban or Heavy Urban terrain tables the 20th CAAN gains a -1 modifier to their Initiative roll. When moving into or out of a building, units of the 20th CAAN receive and inflict one less point of damage than normal.
- Era Report: 2750, p. 58
- The Star League, p. 142, "Ninth"
- The Star League, p. 133
- Era Report: 2750, p. 143