233rd Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|233rd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2767)|
|Nickname||The King of Denmark Division|
|Parent Formation||LXVII Corps|
The 233rd Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the LXVII Corps, Twentieth Army, to the Periphery Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery by 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising.The 233rd was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 233rd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Winston Tambor||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions of which the 233rd were particularly adept. In the 2760s the Division has supplied countless garrisons specialist advice on defensive positions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 158, "Twentieth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 237
- The Star League, p. 133