251st Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|251st Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2766)|
|Nickname||The Guards of Fiddlers’ Green|
|Parent Formation||LVI Corps|
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the LVI Corps, Nineteenth Army, which stationed it in the Taurian Concordat. In 2748 the unit arrested a group of terrorists who were attempting to detonate a nuclear bomb. For this action, Taurian military observers added "the Guards" to the unit's original nickname "The Fiddler's Green Division."
The unit was stationed on Burton in 2765, guarding the O-P Computer Electronics plant there. They also frequently observed Taurian Defense Force units engaging in wargames on the planet. These observations were used to develop counters to probable TDF strategies and tactics.
|Commanding Officers of the 251st Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Manfred Filipovic||2765|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 225
- The Star League, p. 157, "Nineteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133