2nd Chertan Protectorate Militia Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|2nd Chertan Protectorate Militia Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 3078)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 2nd Chertan Protectorate Militia Division is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Chertan. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet along the 1st.
Chertan was occupied by the Word of Blake during the Jihad, and incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate. Forces operating under the command of Duchess Alys Rousset-Marik liberated Chertan in January 3078 as a part of Operation SCOUR. Chertan was one of four worlds to be hit imultaneously by forces operating on the Free Worlds League front of SCOUR on the 3rd of January; the 1st Chertan Protectorate Militia Division and the 2nd Chertan Protectorate Militia Division struck at the Com Guard Fourth Army almost as soon as the Com Guard forces had made planetfall, and nearly succeded in forcing the allied coalition forces back off the planet. Ultimately, the greater experience possessed by the 4th Army carried the day, with the Com Guard forces pushing the Protectorate Militia Divisions back until their position became impossible to defend, leading to them surrendering.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Chertan Protectorate Militia Division|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 78, "New Year, New Wave"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"