2nd Dubhe Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|2nd Dubhe Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3078)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 2nd Dubhe Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Dubhe. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet along the 2nd.
In late June 3070 the planetary government and military forces on Dubhe switched their allegiance to the Word of Blake, bringing the world into the Word of Blake Protectorate; Dubhe was one of six worlds to declare for the Blakists in the space of a week, pushing the Protectorate into Free Worlds League space. Dubhe would remain a Blakist world until it was liberated by allied coalition forces fighting as a part of the Free Worlds League front of Operation SCOUR in January 3078.
Dubhe was one of four Protectorate worlds to be attacked simultaneously on the 4th of January by forces from the Free Worlds League front of Operation SCOUR. Attacking at less than full Group strength, the allied coalition forces tasked with liberating Dubhe were the Twentieth Marik Militia and Clan Nova Cat's Alpha Galaxy. The combined strength of the two coalition units was too much for the 1st Dubhe Protectorate Militia and the 2nd Dubhe Protectorate Militia Division, who quickly retreated off-world after offering only limited resistance.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Dubhe Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 78, "New Year, New Wave"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"