2nd Mirach Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|2nd Mirach Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 2nd Mirach Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Mirach. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet, along the 1st Mirach Protectorate Militia.
AFFS forces landed on Mirach as well as the nearby worlds of Caselton and Schedar on the 2nd of December 3076 and attempted to liberate the world. The AFFS forces were unsupported by the allied coalition assembled by Devlin Stone, and the assaults were quickly slowed by the defending forces; it was reported that the assault was planned and launched by rogue elements within the AFFS command, explaining the lack of support from the coalition. The Protectorate Militia used terror tactics during their retreat.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Mirach Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [10/02/3072]: "Word of Blake Renders Humanitarian Aid"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"