48th Jump Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|48th Jump Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2766)|
|Parent Formation||XVIII Corps|
The Forty-Eighth Jump Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The Forty-Eighth was a part of the XVIII Corps, Seventeenth Army, and in 2764 was assigned to an undisclosed world in the Magistracy of Canopus territorial state. The Forty-Eighth was caught up in the rebellion that followed the New Vandenberg Uprising in 2765 and suffered heavy casualties. The Forty-Eighth disbanded as a result, with two Battalions of the division joining the rebels. These rogue elements were destroyed in combat in 2767
|Commanding Officers of the 48th Jump Infantry Division|
As an SLDF jump infantry division the Forty-Eighth would have been composed of two brigades of jump troops and a brigade of 'Mechs; the Forty-Eighth would also have had two Ground Aero Wings to protect and carry the infantry.
- The Star League, p. 155
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 133