5th Regiment (12th Star Guards)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2864)|
During the Twelfth Star Guards' employment with the Lyran Commonwealth through the first half of the Second Succession war, the unit expanded from two to seven regiments with the Fifth Star Guards - regimental nickname the Lescouflair's Landsknechts - being formed in 2846. In 2858 the Twelfth Star Guards made the ill-fated decision to accept a contract with the Draconis Combine. On-top of increasing losses of men and material as the Second Succession War dragged on, all the units of the Twelfth began to suffer at the hands of their new employer, with the Fourth regiment even breaking away from the Star Guards in 2860 after the Combine neglected to pay them for an entire year.  
Following the mutiny of the RattFraggs, the Fifth Regiment would be assigned by the Combine to an strike against the Federated Suns only to find themselves abandoned on an enemy world rather than receiving expected support, with the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns ultimately destroying the Lescouflair's Landsknechts. The destruction of the Fifth was the final straw for the Twelfth Star Guards who broke contract with the Draconis Combine, forever ending their association with House Kurita and returning to service with the Lyran Commonwealth in 2861.  
|Commanding Officers of the 5th Regiment|
Light Regiment (78% strength) - Regular/Reliable
- Second Succession War, p. 100 "Second Succession War Deployment Table - Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces - Mercenary Combat Commands (LCAF)"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 73 "Mercenary Profile - 12th Star Guards"
- Combat Manual: Mercenaries, p. 66 "12th Star Guards"